The use of antibiotics has reached its peak. The reason for that is the drug-resistant bacterium which thrive faster than the experts find out a way to destroy them.
Before the occurrence of the antibiotics in 1940, the herbs and foods helped in the fight against bacteria and infections, many of which still exist as a holistic healer. Our predecessors used natural solutions instead of antibiotics for treatment of illnesses.
Therefore, take a look at the following 11 natural antibiotics which were used for healing instead of pills:
- Oregano and the Oil of Oregano – Beside used in the kitchen, oregano and its oil can proved numerous benefits. Thanks to its antibacterial features, it can improve digestion and help the weight loss process. Its main ingredient, carvacrol, fights against bacteria that provoke infections.
- ACV – Due to its antiseptic and antibiotic characteristics, ACV alkalizes your system in a natural way, lowers the cholesterol and the risk of cancer.
- Honey – It was commonly used by the ancient Romans for treatment of wounds and infections. Nowadays, people worldwide used it thanks to its antimicrobials, antibiotics, anti-inflammatories, and antiseptics properties. Its main active ingredient, hydrogen peroxide, prevents bacteria expansion and fightst against infection. It emoves toxins from your blood and improves liver function.
- Turmeric – It can be consumed or applied topically. Each way will keep you safe from bacteria. For extra benefit, mix honey and turmeric and apply the paste to the infected skin parts..
- Garlic – This plant fights against flu and common cold, by pushing the germs before they disrupt your life. Thanks to its high content of allicin, garlic prevents parasites, yeast, bacteria, and more.
- Grapefruit Seed Extract – According to a study published in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, GSE treats more than 700 forms of bacteria, viruses, and parasites. It boosts immunity, improves digestion, and alkalizes the body in a natural way thanks to the antibiotics it contains.
- Echinacea – If you consume this herb on a regular basis, it will reduce the colds and will their lifespan.
- Cabbage – Due to its high content of sulfur compounds, it fights against cancer. Moreover, 1 cup of cabbage will get you 75% of the daily needed healthy components. Cabbage will improve digestion and manage your weight!
- Extra Virgin Coconut Oil – Thanks to its anti-microbial and anti-fungal features, it can boost the immunity, balance thyroid, blood sugar levels, cholesterol, and improve the brain function. Add 1 tsp. of it into the morning coffee for more energy throughout the day.
- Fermented Food – Homemade pickles, unpasteurized cabbage, probiotic yogurts, and kefir will renew the intestinal flora and protect from cancer and other infections.
- Colloidal Silver – The treatment with this natural antibiotic might be temporary because too much silver can be toxic. Yet, it prevents the multiplication of the single-cell bacteria without causing any damage over your health.
Other included sources linked in Healthy Holistic Living’s article: