One of the most important aspects of the health is sleeping. Lacking a good-quality sleep at night might cause severe health problems. Unfortunately, all of us have some sleeping habits which actually, turn out to be bad and harmful for our health. So, if you want to improve the quality of your sleep, don’t do these things before going to sleep:
- Cold feet – Don’t go to bed if your feet are cold. Make sure they are always warm whenever you go to bed. Keep them tucked under a blanket.
- Not having a bedtime routine – having a bedtime routine will ease the process of falling asleep. If you don’t have one, set up for example, brushing your teeth or putting on your pajamas.
- Don’t drink coffee 4 hours before going to bed – drinking coffee before bedtime will keep you awake and alert.
- Sleep on the right side – Studies have it that sleeping on the left side will improve your digestion and
- Electronic devices – Keep you electronic devices such as tablets, smartphones, TV away from your bedroom since they are going to interrupt your sleeping pattern.
- Reading in bed – Reading in bed might keep you alert for a long period of time and might interrupt your sleep.
- Avoid bright alarm clocks – Alarms that flash draw away the attention of yours and prevent you from falling asleep.
- Don’t drink anything 1 hour at least before bedtime – Don’t drink anything 60 minutes before bedtime in order to prevent waking up for an urge to pee.
- Avoid taking naps – While it is true that taking naps boosts the functioning of the brain, taking naps on a regular basis will leave you sleepless overnight.
- Make sure you get a quality mattress –Sleeping on a cheap mattress will cause you to turn around constantly, which is considered to be one of the main reasons for insomnia.
- Don’t eat food or anything else a few hours before going to bed – this will cause you to feel uncomfortable and leave you sleepless.
- Don’t exercise 2-3 hours before bedtime – Doing so will fill your body with adrenaline and keep you awake.