As we all know, joint and bone pain is one of the most common health conditions that people all over the world experience, and these conditions can be quite painful and serious, preventing people from completing even simple daily activities.
Taking in mind the fact that these conditions affect the very parts of our body which support our movement, our knees and joint suffer a lot of damage as a result of the fact that they support all the stress and weight of our body so many years.
But despite this, some of the most common causes of knee pain are:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis – chronic condition which causes swelling and pain
- Poor body posture
- Torn ligament
- Osteoarthritis – joint pain as a result of deterioration
- Gout – knee arthritis as a result of accumulation of uric acid
- Bursitis – inflammation as a result of injury
- Tendinitis – pain when climbing, moving or walking up
Registered dietitian Ruth Frechman, who was a spokesperson for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, claims that food plays a huge part in the treatment of joint pain, and he put a stress on the importance of healthy eating and a diet consisted of fruits and vegetables, nuts, seeds and whole grains.
That is why we have consisted a list of some of the most powerful foods you can consume that will help you eliminate these types of uncomfortable and unbearable pains and conditions:
As we all know, turmeric is loaded with curcumin, which is helpful in the management of chronic inflammatory-related joint diseases.
- Vitamin C
Foods rich in this vitamin such as cantaloupe, strawberries, pineapple and kiwi, slow down the progression of OA, and noticeably lower the risk of knee pain.
- Cabbage, Broccoli and Brussels sprouts
These foods contain sulforaphane, which slows down cartilage damage in joints as a result of osteoarthritis.
Aside from all of its beneficial uses, garlic is also rich in dilly disulfide, which helps in the treatment of a large number of diseases, including arthritis and reducing the effects of cartilage-damaging enzymes.
- Tart Cherries
Tart cherries are loaded with anthocyanins, which help in soothing the joint pain and fighting these conditions.
- Tuna, Salmon, Mackerel, Trout and other Fatty Fish
These types of fatty fish contain omega-3 fatty acids, which aid in the fight against inflammation.
Additional Tips to Prevent Pain in Knees and Joints
- Lose additional weight
- Do stretching exercises
- Walk for at least 30 minutes daily, swim or ride a bike
- Avoid standing or sitting for long periods of time during the day
- Wear comfortable and good-quality shoes
- Use knee braces if lifting heavy objects
- Try physical therapy if the pain doesn’t go away
And if this wasn’t enough, we decided to pack in a homemade natural remedy that will help speed up the process of treating these types of conditions, and here is how to prepare this incredible health-bomb recipe.
Ingredients you will need:
- 200 grams of Honey
- 40 grams of Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 tablespoons of unflavored Gelatin
- 3 tablespoons of Raisins
- 4 tablespoons of Sesame Seeds
- 8 tablespoons of Flax Seed
All you have to do is throw all the ingredients together in a blender, mix them well, and store the remedy in a container in the fridge. Take a teaspoon of this mixture twice a day, one in the morning on an empty stomach, and one before lunch
This incredibly powerful natural cure will help alleviate some part of the discomfort and pain, and will largely help strengthen the tendons and ligaments.